We welcome inquiries about The University Press of Kentucky and our publishing program. We are active in the humanities and social sciences and seek quality manuscripts for our list in those areas. If you are working on a manuscript or have completed one in the fields of our interest, we encourage you to contact one of our editors about your work.
Please note that we do not accept unsolicited drama, translations, children's books, or memoirs.
Submissions for books of poetry, fiction, and short stories must be submitted between March 15th and May 1st of each year. Please address any queries to the editor of the New Poetry and Prose series at: KYPress@uky.edu.
ANNE DEAN DOTSON
Senior Acquisitions Editor
American Studies, American & Southern History, African American Studies, Film Studies, Popular Culture
Ph. (859) 257-8434
Fax (859) 257-1873
Specialized Series: Civil Rights and the Struggle for Black Equality in the Twentieth Century, Film & History, Horses in History, New Directions in Southern History, Religion in the South, Screen Classics, Southern Landscapes
Agrarian Studies, American History, Asian Studies, Foreign Policy & Diplomatic History, International Studies, Military History, Political Science, Political Theory, Public Policy
Ph. (859) 257-8150
Fax (859) 323-1873
Specialized Series: American Warriors, Asia in the New Millennium, Aviation & Air Power, Battles and Campaigns, Culture of the Land: A Series in the New Agrarianism, Foreign Military Studies, Political Companions to Great American Authors, Provocations: Political Thought and Contemporary Issues, Studies in Conflict, Diplomacy, and Peace
Address all correspondence to the appropriate editor at:
The University Press of Kentucky
663 South Limestone Street
Lexington, KY 40508-4008
· Author Guide (For Approved Final Manuscripts Only) (Microsoft Word Format)
· Marketing Questionnaire Part 1 (Completed after your book has been confirmed for publication in the next season)
· Marketing Questionnaire Part 2 (Completed after your book has been announced in our newest catalog)
· Marketing Guide for Authors (pdf)
· Permission to reprint artwork (Microsoft Word Format)
· Permission to reprint text (Microsoft Word Format)
· Summary of Permissions (Microsoft Word Format)